Distributed Office Overview
OVERVIEW AND DETAILS
Avaya Distributed Office delivers rich communication, collaboration and mobility capabilities to branch offices. This centrally managed, SIP-based communications platform easily scales to meet the needs of large enterprises with distributed sites.
Advanced applications, such as presence and instant messaging, can now be delivered to every branch, enhancing responsiveness to customers needs. In addition, mobility features support employees on the go, providing effective communications regardless of location. To reduce staff training requirements, Distributed Office offers an optional key system interface.
SIP architecture makes scaling to thousands of sites simple, and Avaya can reduce on-site installation time by delivering pre-configured Distributed Office platforms directly to the branch site. In addition, enterprises can leverage intuitive centralized management tools to decrease set up time; manage updates and upgrades; and provision user moves, additions, and changes.
Distributed Office is a centrally managed, SIP-based communications platform that provides a powerful suite of advanced applications to each branch location:
• Enterprise-wide instant messaging
• Single dial plan
• Desk and wireless phone synchronization
• IP Softphone, with Microsoft Office Communicator integration
Distributed Office supports a wide array of high-performance and cost effective Avaya telephones - including IP, SIP, analog, and wireless IP DECT sets, as well as third-party endpoints. This solution also offers a familiar key system telephone interface to reduce downtime and the need for staff re-training.
Deploy Quickly, Scale Easily. Distributed Office empowers businesses to rapidly deploy new locations, without the need for highly-trained onsite personnel.
• Pre-configured Profiles can be applied to branch groups and user types. Profiles can also be created with the powerful web-based Profile Assistant.
• A streamlined ordering process integrates pre-installation configuration, and production to deliver a virtually ready-to-use platform directly to your branch location.
• Distributed Office supports branch networks of almost any size. SIP-enabled networking, supported by local call processing, ensures adding one, or many branches, is always easy.
Profile templates include coverage path, dial plan / feature access codes, system parameters, station configuration, announcements, system mailbox, voice mail system parameters, voice mailbox.
The Power of Centralized Management. Distributed Office offers a centralized, Web-based tool which dramatically simplifies branch network monitoring and management, reducing costs and saving valuable technician time. The intuitive interface enables you to display, manage, and update branches by groups of your choice, and also streamlines user moves, adds and changes. In addition, updates from a single location, as well as centrally managed configurations, can automatically, accurately, and quickly be applied across multiple branches.
Configuration features include station/user configurations, dial plan/feature access codes, announcements, automated attendant, coverage paths/hunt groups, voice mail and system mailboxes/parameters, instant messaging, private SIP networking, firmware/software upgrades, SNMP traps and system parameters.
Intuitive Local Management. For management at the individual branch level, Avaya also offers Distributed Office Local Manager.
• Quick local deployment using wizards for step-by-step, visual guidance on installation and customization templates.
• Administration of voice mail, automated attendant, announcements, and system parameters.
• Feature configuration including SIP private routing/trunking, feature code access, dial plan, coverage path, and daylight savings time.
• Synchronization with centrally managed configurations, features, and functionality.
Flexibility with Third Party Applications. To ensure your business will be more competitive now and in the future, Avaya Distributed Office delivers an open interface to support powerful solutions from the extensive Avaya partner network – integrating communications with your own business applications. In-building mobility, transaction recording, and collaboration are just a few of the many possibilities.
SIP-enabled Simplicity. SIP architecture simplifies your branch network. Scale by adding a single platform at each branch, without additional central or onsite hardware. Distributed Office will then automatically recognize each new location. In addition, branch-based call processing and applications increase branch reliability and improve WAN utilization.